A seamlesss and professional service

Here at yieldit we specialise in the sale of tenanted, income generating buy to let property from investor
to investor. We work with buyers and sellers who see the financial potential of a buy to let property, and
don't get distracted by little things - eliminating the normal stresses that come with trying to sell a
buy to let property on the high-street.

yieldit brings a wide range of income generating properties to market, from larger homes perfect for
families to city centre apartments in some of the UK's best rental markets. Whatever your requirements,
yieldit has the perfect investment (or buyer) for you!

Meet the team


  • 1. What is the difference between leasehold and freehold property?
    If you purchase a freehold you will have full ownership of the property, as well as the land that it sits on. If you buy a leasehold property you will only own the property for the length of time indicated in the lease. The majority of flats in the UK are leasehold, as well as a large number of houses. When buying a leasehold property it is important to take into consideration the length of the lease and the ongoing costs associated with the purchase, for example ground rent and service charge, before purchasing.
  • 2. What costs are associated with buying a property in the UK?
    There are a number of costs associated with property purchases and sales in the UK in addition to the flat cost of the property, and it is important to be aware of these before buying a property either for personal use or investment. The costs include:
    • Solicitor/conveyancing fees
    • Valuation fees
    • Ground rent
    • Stamp duty
    • Income tax
    • Ongoing maintenance
    • Lettings and management fees
    • Landlord and rental guarantee insurance (not mandatory but advisable)
    • Capital gains tax (only applicable when selling the property)
    • Inheritance tax (if your estate is passed on to a beneficiary)
  • 3. What is the difference between off-plan and completed property?
    Off-plan property is property which is yet to be built. Buying off-plan is a popular choice (particularly among investors) as you are often buying below market value, and the value of the property can increase over the time of the build. It is important to make sure that you do some research when buying off-plan and make sure you’re buying from a reputable company. A completed property is one which has been built and is ready to be occupied.
  • 4. Do I have to employ a letting agent or management company?
    When purchasing a buy to let investment many choose to employ a lettings and management company. A lettings and management company will work as an intermediary between landlord and tenant, dealing with everything from sourcing and referencing tenants to collecting the rent. The cost of a lettings and management company is usually between 10-15% of the property’s monthly rental income. You are not required to use a lettings and management company.
  • 5. What is stamp duty, and do I have to pay it?

    Stamp Duty Land Tax is a cost associated with buying property in the UK. There are two different types of Stamp Duty rates: one for homeowners and one for the purchase of a second home not used for owner-occupation (namely buy to let or second homes). For owner-occupiers, you pay nothing on the first £125,000 of the property price, 2% on the next £125,000, 5% on the next £675,000, 10% on the next £575,000 and 12% above £1.5million. For non-owner-occupiers, you pay an additional 3% levy on top of this slab rate.

    Purpose-Built Student Accommodation is popular with many investors for this reason as the price of the property will be below the Stamp Duty threshold in the majority of cases. The net yield will be lower as a consequence, but for those looking to avoid cost up front, this might be a good option.
    Our expert team of sales consultants are on hand to answer any further questions you might have about property purchases, and would be happy to help. It’s also worth noting that if you’re not sure about buying or investing in UK property it is always advisable to speak with an independent financial advisor.